If you are experiencing an emergency situation or have been attacked by a client, your boyfriend or manager, call 000 immediately. If you have information about a victim of human trafficking, call the Australian Federal Police on 131 AFP (131 237).
We’re here to help you - whoever you are, whatever you do, and wherever you 'work' in the sex industry. We understand!
Enrol in our S.M.A.R.T Program - self-referral
Refer a participant
We help those who sell or have sold sexual services in brothels, on the street, in massage parlours, online, or independently. We assist predominantly women who are currently ‘working’ or have worked as strippers or ‘exotic dancers’.
We can help by:
- Speaking to you via phone, email, or in-person (if located in Victoria).
- Listening to your story without judgement
- Assessing your needs and establishing your goals with you
- Providing emotional and practical support in the form of weekly phone, video calls, or in-person meeting
- Helping you come up with a plan for what you want to achieve, based on your goals
- Referring you to specialist organisations, including legal advice, housing, financial management, work readiness programs, social groups, and English-language classes.
Pink Cross State-of-the-art Program Design
– Program Outcomes Pink Cross S.M.A.R.T. PROGRAM for people in prostitution/’sex work’
- For participants to live safely in their homes, with their intimate partners and within the community.
- For participants to be aware of their strengths and to live a rewarding life
- For participants to be aware of and set boundaries for their ongoing emotional and physical safety
- For people to live independently, free of debt and with a supportive community around them.
- To decrease the number of Australians suffering from disabling mental health issues such as Complex Post Traumatic Stress
- To equip people at risk of prostitution/adult industries activities with knowledge and skills to decrease the negative effects of prostitution on their physical and mental health such as trauma trigger, the use of Drugs and Alcohol and diseases
- To empower participants to use their strengths by discovering their skills set, to break free from the prostitution lifestyle, and/or decrease their hours ‘working in the industry
- To enable participants to join safe social inclusion events and take an active part in community life
- Participants to meet weekly with an accredited Social/Support Worker
- Participants to improve their lives by working daily on their three main goals
- Participants to learn beneficial daily routines, and keeping in contact with their allied health specialists
- Participants to use self-care methods to live their live to the fullest
We base our work on academic research and best practice in social services industries, as well as the lived experience in the sex industry of our founder Geneviève Gilbert. Our work is influenced by the principles of sacrificial love, radical feminist theory, and academic research into the effects of the commodification of human bodies. At Pink Cross Australia, we believe that every human has tremendous value inside and outside.
Email: info [@] pinkcross.org.au hours a day, 7 days a week
If you are located in Melbourne, you can email us at info [@] pinkcross.org.au 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We can come to you in two hours if you are located within a 40km radius of Dandenong.
Email: info[@]pinkcross.org.au. You can download and complete this form and attach it to your email.
Australian resources for those in the sex industry
- Pink Cross Foundation Australia
- Project Respect
- St Kilda Gatehouse
- Melbourne Sexual Health Centre
- Salvation Army Cupcake Team (see page 4 PDF)
- Other local resources & contacts
- Linda’s House of Hope
- Alabaster Community or email Sharon:alabasterperth at gmail.com
- Hope Foundation
- Also CAP (Free debt management)
- Shelley Lubben
- Annie Lobert & Hookers for Jesus
- Save The Women International
- Treasures, outreaching to exotic dancers in California
- Drug Rehab
- Consumer Safety Guide
- Alcoholic Rehab Help
If you found this information useful, please consider making a donation. We are an independently-funded, volunteer-based, not-for-profit organisation. If your group or organisation has resources that you would like to see listed here, please email the details to info[@]pinkcross.org.au.
Like this page? Share it!