Geneviève Gilbert, s*x industry survivor and Pink Cross Australia Founder and CEO, can speak at your event. Get in touch on info[@]pinkcross.org.au.
Keep an eye on our social media channels for the latest updates on upcoming events.
- August 2020. Pink Cross Australia submission to the Federal Inquiry into Family, Domestic and Sexual Violence.
- July 2020. Pink Cross Australia answers questions posed by MP Ms. Fiona Patten during the inquiry into the decriminalisation of ‘sex work’ in Victoria.
- August 2015. Pink Cross Australia submission to the NSW Inquiry into The Regulation of Brothels.
PAST TALKS AND PANEL DISCUSSIONS
- 19 August 2018, The Work of Pink Cross, St Paul’s Anglican Church, Caulfield North, Victoria, Australia,
- 3 March 2018: Salt and Light Conference, CCCVat. Workshop and Breakout Sessions presentations, Victoria, Australia
- 19th April 2017: The work of Pink Cross. Presentation at St-Luke’s Anglican Church, South Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
- 1st July 2016: From trauma to healing. Keynote presentation for Winter Solace at Violet Town Community Center, Victoria, Australia.
- 19th June 2016: My story. St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, Clayton, Victoria, Australia.
- 10th April 2016: The future looks bright with you. Book launch for Prostitution Narratives: stories of survival in the sex trade. Caroline Norma and Melinda Tankard Reist (eds.) Spinifex Press, Melbourne, Victoria.
- 10th April 2016: Lobbying and consciousness raising for survivors. Panel at The World’s Oldest Oppression Conference with Kathy Chambers, Peter Abetz and Caitlyn Roper, Melbourne, Australia.
- 9th April 2016: Panel Survivors speak on the harms of sex trade abuse.
- Panel at The World’s Oldest Oppression Conference with survivors Simone Watson and Sabrinna Valisce, Mebourne, Australia.
- 15th March 2016: Presenting Pink Cross Foundation Australia Ltd. Talk at Australian Family Association’s Annual General Meeting, Balwyn, Victoria, Australia.
- 3rd & 19th October 2015: My story. Presented at Clayton Church of Christ and Educated Compassion Workshop hosted by Pink Cross Australia, Melbourne, Australia.
- 26th May 2015: How Sheila’s writings influenced my thinking. Presentation at forum on radical feminism and the writings of Sheila Jeffreys. Hosted by the University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia.
- 15th May 2015: Imprisoned by porn addicts. Keep our kids porn free! Panel presented by Family Voice Australia at Oakleigh Baptist Church with Dr Rachel Carling-Jenkins MP (Victoria), Miranda Suit and Pippa Smith, Melbourne, Australia.
- 1st June 2014: What is Pink Cross Foundation? Presentation at St Luke’s Anglican Church, Melbourne, Australia.
- 10th May 2014: My story. Presentation at Christians Against Poverty’s annual fundraising dinner. Melbourne, Australia.
- 6th April 2014: What is Pink Cross Foundation? Presentation at St Barnabas Church, Sydney, Australia.
- September 2013: My story of redemption.
- Presentation at Crossway Moreland Hub, Brunswick, Victoria, Australia.
RADIO AND PODCASTS
- 29th October 2017: A journey out of prostitution, part II.
- Focus on the Family radio interview with Pink Cross founder Geneviève Gilbert, CEO Brett Ryan, and counsellor Zoe Broomhead.
- 9th November 2015: Geneviève Gilbert Interview with Eliza Berlage. Radio interview on Infinite X (formerly Double X). Also features Janelle Fawlkes, Fiona Patten, and Lucie Bee.
- 1st March 2015: The queen’s courage. by Guy Mason. Mention of Geneviève Gilbert and Not-for-Profit Pink Cross Foundation. City on a Hill Church, Melbourne, Australia.
- 4th October 2013: Geneviève Gilbert-Quach from Pink Cross Foundation. Radio interview on Light FM. Melbourne, Australia.
- 3rd July 2013: ABC Radio Interview. Interview with Rafael Epstein on The Drive. Also features Dr. Caroline Norma.
- 7th May 2013: 1377 MyMP, Geneviève Gilbert is a host at 10 am, interview by Glenn Ridge.
- 20th June 2013: Geneviève Gilbert on The Political Spot talking about life as a prostitute. Interview by Katherine Spakman, Australian Christian Lobby (ACL).
- 9th May 2013, 3AW 693 AM News Talk, interview by Tom Eliot, 3.45pm, on Drive.
BLOG & WEBSITE ARTICLES
- 30 May 2020. Yu, Andi. Vic sex work Review brings forth opponents.
- 7 August 2018. Australian Summit Against Sexual Exploitation targeted by sex industry lobbyists. Feminist Current. (Geneviève Gilbert of Pink Cross quoted)
- 30 Oct 2016 TASA. Tyler, Meagan. RMIT. Where do survivors fit in the Australians sex industry research? TASA: The Australian Sociological Association
- 10 March 2013, A story of Redemption. Interview with Jasmine Swilks. Also Mandarin translation.
- 17 September 2015, Lubeen. Shelley. Ex porn star Geneviève Gilbert-Quach story. Retrieved on 12.03.2018 from www.thepinkcross.org
- 23 May 2018, Chung, Frank. News.com.au. Sydney student joins controversial ‘virgin auction’ website as founder claims Aussie pollies interested.
- 28 April 2016. Jensen, Michael. With prostitution, when is consent not consent? Opinion by Dr. M. Jensen, The Drum, ABC online.
- October 2015, Eternity. My journey out of prostitution. Opinion, by Geneviève Gilbert, pp.15-16.
- 25 February 2015, Aubrey, Sophie. Mx, Nude Maids. Cleaning up in the buff could be risky, article by S. Aubrey.
- 2 Sept 2014, Aubrey, Sophie. No to another brothel licence in Monash. Waverley Leader, article by S. Aubrey.
- 7 May 2013, Healey, Madeleine. Former sex worker starts charity to help women escape industry. Interview by M. Healey, Preston Leader.
- 10 July 2013, Take 5, Issue 28. Kowanjko, Sonja. I was making a fortune — What would mum say? Interview by S. Kowanjko.
- 2012, The Little Pink Book by Weaver Media. A gay resource for the Gay Community.
- 2011, The Little Pink Book by Weaver Media. A gay resource for the Gay Community.
- Ninnes, P. (2020). Real Men – Season 3. [Television Series].
- 18 March 2014, The Project, Network Ten Australia.
- 21 March 2014, Channel 31, Season 11: Tough Times Never Last. Interview by Michael Kuzilny.
- 13 August 2014, Channel 31, Season 12: Tough Times Never Last. Interview by Michael Kuzilny.
If you found this information useful, please consider making a donation. We are an independently-funded, volunteer-based, not-for-profit, ACNC-registered organisation based in Melbourne, Australia. If your group has resources that you would like to see listed on our Resources pages, please email the details to info[@]pinkcross.org.au.